Every dance is created upon a set of basic principles. This new process will based on the following:
1. The power of the individual
2. The danger of the mass
3. Creating an extensive movement vocabulary for each dancer and for them as a whole
4. Layers of choreography to show a slow but distinct build of community
5. A small dancer to audience ratio (as close to one on one as possible, but not oppressive, or forced)
6. The use of a long rectangular space
7. The use of found music and composed music
These are the things I see in my mind, the ideas I keep returning to over, and over again. The core of the movement vocabulary is still a bit vague, but I have visions full bodied movement, arms, legs, torsos all working to reach their full length.
That’s it for now! More soon….